Tuesday 12 December 2017

PLANNING --> FILM POSTER

Our film Imminent Threat falls under the genre of disaster/survival so during my research and gathering of ideas, I focused on finding effective elements of many different posters such as the focal points, background colors and more, to use on my own film poster. I used the genre of survival as a starting point because I knew that it would be a focal point of my poster.


I chose this film poster because it displays 3 adolescents (similar to the teenagers in my trailer) running away from danger. Despite the main difference between wizardry and witchcraft, and an international political attack with a missile, there are significant similarities shown in the poster alone. I like the background blur effect of the trees as it exaggerates the high intensity diversion away from danger.
The landscape orientation helps this effect which I could use when creating my poster because it shows more of the effective background. As Harry is the protagonist of the film he is sized slight bigger which I will be able to re create as one of our teenagers can be more of a leader role. Due to the action in this image, it seems to be a survival film more than disaster.

I also chose this poster as it illustrates patriotism which is a big part of our film trailer due to it being an international and political issue. The flag in the right hand side image is a bold effect as it emphasizes the main focal point of the film as well as the soldier centered in a dominant position with a strong stance.
It is very clear that this film is about the army which suggests destruction or somewhat disaster in some way. In the middle image, there is a little fire in the background which expresses survival but also reality of their serious situation - very similar to our trailer.

Image result for film poster 71
This poster suggests intense survival and experiencing extreme conditions as well as being a young man. With the close up on his facial expressions and the position he is physically in, there is a real struggle shown.
Survival is the main attraction of this film as it involves tense and the build up of suspense in situations. The use pf the protagonist as the focal point increases the audience's overall attraction as it may result in a connection with that specific character and wanting to find out what happens. The background image of explosions, people dying and red sparks across the poster illustrates the insane danger he is in. I could use these features on my poster as this will exaggerate the suspense and tension in my trailer.

Related image
I am intrigued by this film poster as it has the protagonist right at the front in a big format in comparison to the text. From a far you can see the main actor's name which is a great feature as the company wanted people to be attracted by him. The image which streaks across Jack O'Connell is a screenshot of a scene in the film which displays chaos and disaster that occurs in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment